We describe ourselves as a little quirky with a lot of energy, but when it comes down to it, that’s because we’re passionate about Prevention Education and we know how to make it fun and accessible for every age and every life stage.
Join our motley crew.
We are honored to say PreventEd is a top workplace. But it is important to know that our “place” is really all about people. We care about the people we serve, and we care about each other. Our employees are passionate, professional, and serious about providing innovative and critical services and programs. That said, it’s worth noting, we appreciate a good sense of humor! We are looking for teammates who are all about people, passionate about their work, and fun to be around. View and apply for available positions below:
Director of Development
To meet the growing need for compassionate, judgement-free services addressing the impacts of alcohol and other drugs, PreventEd is seeking a passionate and committed Director of Development. PreventEd is an innovative organization, with an annual budget of
$4.8 million and a staff wholly motivated by the mission to prevent the harms of substance use disorder.
The Director of Development will be an entrepreneurial fundraiser, a strong communicator, a self-motivated team player, and an active listener who thrives on challenges and is dedicated to creating equitable outcomes for the entire community. The Director of Development must bring new ideas and programs to life, be detail-oriented and data-driven, and have demonstrable experience helping donors reach their philanthropic goals. The successful candidate will be a skilled professional who is high-energy, proactive, tactful, confident, and adaptable.
PreventEd’s heightened visibility in the face of COVID-19 and the heroin and opioid epidemic, along with a reputation for unmatched program excellence, provides a unique opportunity to significantly increase donor engagement and investment.
ORGANIZATIONAL + POSITION STRUCTURE
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Member of the Executive Leadership team
- Works with staff, Board, and Development Committee
- Oversees a dynamic Development team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead overall strategy and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program
- Support the Executive Director’s fundraising role, particularly with the Board and major donors
- Collaborate with volunteers, Board, and staff to deepen relationships with donors
- Supervise a team responsible for a comprehensive fundraising program
- Grow an emerging major gifts program through cultivation and solicitation of individual donors currently making annual gifts of $1,000 to $25,000
- Create and implement strategies to grow the agency’s endowment
- Create a customized, personal approach to individual donor engagement
- Frontline fundraising experience with a proven ability to meet aggressive fundraising goals
- Track record building relationships, closing gifts, and upgrading annual donors to major gifts
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an equitable working and learning environment
- Superior interpersonal and active listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills,
well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines
- Starting salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Range: $80,000-$95,000
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, paid time off, bereavement leave, paid parental leave, and retirement contribution
- Follow this link to take a five-minute behavioral assessment: https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/bo/o1f/PEdirdev
- Submit a resume and cover letter that expresses your interest and qualifications for the position to email@example.com.
Administrative Support Specialist
People enter the doors of PreventEd for a variety of reasons. They might be struggling with a substance use disorder, experiencing concern for a loved one, attending a workshop, delivering a package, or trying to find their way. Being a PreventEd team member means being respectful, non-judgmental, and resourceful towards whatever – and whoever – comes our way. And this is especially important when serving as the gatekeeper for our building and our services. We are looking for a friendly face who loves scheduling (yes, that’s a thing!), can remain calm under pressure, and has a good sense of humor. Fit the bill? We’d love to hear from you. Please click this link to view the job description, and send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 22nd.
Prevention Educator - Part-Time
PreventEd is seeking part-time Prevention Educators to join our prevention education team. This is a position for a person who does their best work when teaching and has the commitment, enthusiasm, and passion for working with kids of all ages in schools that span the St. Louis region. Our part-time educators have the flexibility to create a schedule that accommodates their busy lives, while continuing to work in classrooms anywhere from 1-4 days a week. If you have the ability and passion to join the PreventEd prevention team of educators and are committed to the PreventEd mission, please email your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by May 20th. Click here to view the full job description.
When adolescents and adults meet with a PreventEd counselor about possible substance use disorders, they often are experiencing some (or a lot of) anxiety. Being a PreventEd counselor means being respectful and non-judgmental. That is the first step in helping individuals and families move from “Can we handle this?” to “How to.” Providing clients with resources also provides them with options they often didn’t know were available to them. As a PreventEd counselor, you will have “…the chance to make a difference in the world and make others’ live better because of something you did,” to quote a friend of ours. And by making such an impact on others’ lives, you can’t help but make your life better too. Interested in making a difference? Please submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st. Click here to view the full job description.